Recommendation 15: Supporting staff to confidently report through anonymous pathways
Ambulance Victoria should introduce internal and external anonymous reporting pathways and communicate and promote these avenues to staff within three months of the publication of Volume I of the final report.
What we are doing
- Engage appropriate provider to set up and administer anonymous reporting pathways for staff
- Set up anonymous reporting pathways into new report and complaints system
- Promote internal and external anonymous reporting pathways
Where we are up to
- AV has identified the critical elements of leading practice anonymous reporting tools that offer employees and volunteers a victim-centred and trauma-informed approach to reporting unlawful and harmful workplace conduct. This has included considering expert advice provided by the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission on 2 June 2022.
- In mid-2022, AV met with different providers of anonymous reporting tools to understand the nature, scope and operation of their tools and determine whether those tools can effectively meet our requirements. These tools are currently under consideration.
To be confirmed