Recommendation 43: A holistic and evidence-based information and data plan and communications strategy
Ambulance Victoria should formally adopt the outcomes framework in Appendix E to address unlawful and harmful workplace conduct and inequality as part of the new prevention plan called for in Recommendation 3.
As part of this plan and aligned to the outcomes framework, Ambulance Victoria should develop an integrated, holistic, evidence-based:
- information and data plan for workplace safety and equality
- communications strategy for workplace safety and equality
Ambulance Victoria should design these with employee and first responder and stakeholder input.
What we are doing
- Adopt the outcomes framework, but apply holistically so that it is applicable to both prevention and response efforts, and develop metrics (with VEOHRC) and identify data sources and address gaps
- Develop Ambulance Victoria’s official response to the VEOHRC report and roadmap forward
- Develop and implement an information and data plan to create a safe, fair and inclusive Ambulance Victoria
- Develop and implement a communication strategy to support reform implementation
Where we are up to
- AV has formally adopted the outcomes framework developed by the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission, as an overarching framework to guide the development and delivery of reforms to create a safe, fair and inclusive organisation. In mid-July 2022, AV requested that the Commission provide expert advice on the key metrics to support the indicators in its framework. Work to finalise the framework will occur once key staff are recruited.
- On 28 July 2022, AV released Safe Fair Inclusive: Your AV Roadmap 2022-27, our official response to the final report of the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission and our roadmap for the future. Published following consultation with our workforce, unions and key partners, the roadmap describes our vision for a safe, fair and inclusive organisation, the case for change, the sequencing of work to achieve this vision and the governance framework to ensure effective delivery of the reforms.
- AV is well progressed in developing a communication and engagement strategy to support the creation of a safe, fair and inclusive organisation and have been consulting with the Equality & Workplace Reform Steering Committee and Staff Reference Group on key elements.
- AV will begin work on an overarching information and data plan to support the creation of a safe, fair and inclusive organisation once key staff are recruited.
To be confirmed