Recommendation 10: Valuing those who care
- The Ambulance Victoria Board and the Minister for Ambulance Services should ensure that future statements of priorities are informed by an annual discussion on how to appropriately balance the importance of Ambulance Victoria meeting operational KPIs with the health, safety and wellbeing of the organisation’s workforce and the need to create a positive workplace culture, building on the 2019-20 and 2020-21 agreements.
- Ambulance Victoria should ensure that it affords appropriate weight to priorities designed to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of the organisation’s workforce, in addition to those related to operational KPIs.
What we are doing
- Identify leading practice measures to include in the Statement of Priorities and advocate potential changes to the Department of Health
- Develop and embed a plan to ensure Ambulance Victoria affords appropriate weight to measures designed to create a safe, fair and inclusive Ambulance Victoria
Where we are up to
- AV has held initial discussions with the Victorian Department of Health to ensure the 2023 Statement of Priorities includes KPIs related to the health, safety and wellbeing of AV’s workforce and the need to create a positive workplace culture. The department encouraged AV to share suggested KPIs for consideration for inclusion in the forthcoming statement.
- On 10 June 2022, at AV’s request, the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission provided a memorandum of advice detailing relevant leading practice KPIs, to inform AV’s discussions with the department.
To be confirmed