Recommendation 23: Supporting the effective delivery of reporting and complaint reforms
Ambulance Victoria should establish an Expert Advisory Group to:
- provide advice and support on the implementation of reforms to its report and complaint system, including key developments such as establishing self-resolution and informal reporting processes
- support the development of revised procedures and processes to ensure their continued alignment and with leading practice
- be comprised of subject matter experts in complaint handling, unlawful conduct and/or restorative practices, as well as nominated representatives from relevant unions and the workforce.
What we are doing
- Establish Terms of Reference and operating model for an Expert Advisory Group, identify and invite members, convene regular meetings and regularly communicate meeting outcomes
Where we are up to
- AV has progressed work on a draft Terms of Reference and a proposed operating model for an Expert Advisory Group, which will provide expert advice to support the creation of a victim-centred and fair report and complaint system.
- AV has begun to identify potential experts with the specialist capabilities needed for an effective Expert Advisory Group.
To be confirmed