Recommendation 24: Enhancing accountability of the report and complaint system
Ambulance Victoria should revise the Terms of Reference of the Professional Conduct Committee to:
- ensure a unified approach to data collection and analysis of the handling of reports and complaints
- regularly review reports and complaints data to identify patterns, trends, systemic issues and measures to continuously improve efforts to prevent and respond to unlawful conduct
- monitor the performance of the report and complaint system against a range of benchmarks, including timeliness, quality and satisfaction.
What we are doing
- Determine the precise steps to be taken subject to the proposed design of the new report and complaint system
Where we are up to
- AV will start work to enhance the accountability of the report and complaint system once key staff are recruited and other foundational work is progressed.
To be confirmed