Recommendation 22: Creating and maintaining records and data to improve analytical capability
Ambulance Victoria should ensure that:
- its policies and procedures clearly require the creation and appropriate maintenance of records of all incidents, complaints, responses and decisions related to unlawful and harmful conduct, including those reported informally
- the Workplace Harm Unit, the Specialist Support Unit, and the Investigations Unit are equipped with a single, centralised and secure information technology system that adheres to best practice information management requirements.
What we are doing
- Ensure that the new complaint handling policy and procedure [R16] requires the creation and appropriate maintenance of records of all incidents, complaints, responses anddecisions related to unlawful and harmful conduct
- Introduce a centralised and secure case management system
Where we are up to
- AV will start work to update its policies and procedures related to reports and complaints record management once key staff are recruited and other foundational work is progressed.
To be confirmed