What you need to become a Volunteer with Ambulance Victoria
- You must be 18 and over.
- You must have a current drivers licence (Probationary is fine)
- You will be required to undergo a driving check and police check.
- Every ACO and CERT must make themselves available for a minimum of 20 hours per month on call.
- Ongoing continual vocational training is conducted monthly and this is a requirement.
- You must be prepared to undertake, complete and pass the initial course of approximately 100 hours (includes driver training).
- You will be required to pass a basic literacy assessment. Communication is a huge part of the role.
- There is no restriction on ACOs living within the town as ACOs have a branch and can commit to their on call time at the branch.
- There is a restriction for CERTs to live within 8 km of the CERT town as they do not have a branch building.
Regionally and rurally across the state there are opportunities to volunteer as either an ACO or a CERT.
If you’ve read all the information available on the web site and think you have what we are looking for fill in the application for enquiry form, listing the 3 preferred branches you would like to volunteer at. You may also enquire at other branches and be placed on a waitlist if they currently do not have any positions.